World War II Aircraft
Small, fast, and agile, fighters struggled for air superiority in all theaters of the war.
Bombers and Attack Aircraft
Regardless of being ground attack aircraft, dive bombers, torpedo bombers, or heavy bombers, these aircraft dropped terror from the sky against ground targets and ships alike.
Aircraft of other classifications, whether transports, spotters, or flying boats, contributed to the war as much as their higher-profile combat-capable siblings.
List by Country
Use the dropdown menu above to list aircraft by country.
List by Manufacturer
Use the dropdown menu above to list aircraft by manufacturer.
List All Aircraft
Use the link above to see a list of all aircraft without filtering.
- » Unexploded WW2 Bomb Found Near Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant (11 Aug 2017)
- » New website Russian Retrospective (10 Jan 2017)
- » Unexploded WW2-era Bomb Discovered in Augsburg (2 Jan 2017)
- » See all news
- » 997 biographies
- » 322 events
- » 33,745 timeline entries
- » 715 ships
- » 316 aircraft models
- » 182 vehicle models
- » 325 weapon models
- » 99 historical documents
- » 144 facilities
- » 436 book reviews
- » 24,197 photos
- » 281 maps
Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, 16 Mar 1945