World War II Aircraft
Small, fast, and agile, fighters struggled for air superiority in all theaters of the war.
Bombers and Attack Aircraft
Regardless of being ground attack aircraft, dive bombers, torpedo bombers, or heavy bombers, these aircraft dropped terror from the sky against ground targets and ships alike.
Aircraft of other classifications, whether transports, spotters, or flying boats, contributed to the war as much as their higher-profile combat-capable siblings.
List by Country
Use the dropdown menu above to list aircraft by country.
List by Manufacturer
Use the dropdown menu above to list aircraft by manufacturer.
List All Aircraft
Use the link above to see a list of all aircraft without filtering.
- » Mein Kampf to be Commercially Available in Germany for the First Time Since WW2 (4 Jan 2016)
- » WW2DB's 11th Anniversary (29 Dec 2015)
- » Communist China to Commemorate Sihang Warehouse Battle (6 May 2015)
- » See all news
- » 902 biographies
- » 318 events
- » 32,440 timeline entries
- » 710 ships
- » 311 aircraft models
- » 177 vehicle models
- » 316 weapon models
- » 90 historical documents
- » 114 facilities
- » 402 book reviews
- » 22,696 photos
- » 270 maps
Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, at Guadalcanal