Agreement Between the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics and Poland
ww2dbase1. The government of the USSR recognizes the Soviet-German treaties of 1939 as to territorial changes in Poland as having lost their validity. The Polish Government declares Poland is not bound by any agreement with any third power which is directed against the USSR.
2. Diplomatic relations will be restored between the two governments upon the signing of this agreement, and an immediate exchange of Ambassadors will be arranged.
3. The two governments mutually agree to render one to another aid and support of all kinds in the present war against Hitlerite Germany.
4. The government of the USSR expresses its consent to the formation on territory of the USSR of a Polish Army under a commander appointed by the Polish government in agreement with the Soviet government, the Polish Army on territory of the USSR being subordinated in an operational sense to the supreme command of the USSR, in which the Polish Army will be represented. All details as to command, organization and employment of this force will be settled in a subsequent agreement.
5. This agreement will come into force immediately upon signature and without ratification. The present agreement is drawn up in two copies, in the Russian and Polish languages. Both texts have equal force.
The Soviet government grants amnesty to all Polish citizens now detained on Soviet territory either as prisoners of war or on other sufficient grounds, as from the resumption of diplomatic relations. ww2dbase
Added By: C. Peter Chen
- » New website Russian Retrospective (10 Jan 2017)
- » Unexploded WW2-era Bomb Discovered in Augsburg (2 Jan 2017)
- » WW2DB's 12th Anniversary (29 Dec 2016)
- » See all news
- » 989 biographies
- » 322 events
- » 33,624 timeline entries
- » 714 ships
- » 315 aircraft models
- » 179 vehicle models
- » 320 weapon models
- » 98 historical documents
- » 135 facilities
- » 434 book reviews
- » 24,043 photos
- » 275 maps