Where Did WW2 Take Place?
As the name suggested, events of World War II took place across the globe. Most of the combat action took place in Europe, East Asia, and islands in the Pacific Ocean, but others were seen in places as far away as Madagascar and the Aleutian Islands. Countries such as Poland, China, Russia, and Germany saw their territories directly involved in war and suffered terribly; countries such as the United States and Canada were relatively far from the action, but their citizens still fought a robust home front providing war goods for their men abroad.
WW2DB's list of WW2 events would provide a sense of geographical impact of the war.
Visitor Submitted Comments
All visitor submitted comments are opinions of those making the submissions and do not reflect views of WW2DB.
- » Communist China to Commemorate Sihang Warehouse Battle (6 May 2015)
- » Lincoln Spire to Honour RAF Bomber Command (20 Apr 2015)
- » Wreck of USS Independence Located (19 Apr 2015)
- » 70th Anniversary of WW2 Victory Calendar (21 Mar 2015)
- » See all news
- » 867 biographies
- » 315 events
- » 32,133 timeline entries
- » 706 ships
- » 311 aircraft models
- » 176 vehicle models
- » 303 weapon models
- » 87 historical documents
- » 104 facilities
- » 381 book reviews
- » 21,716 photos
- » 259 maps
General Douglas MacArthur at Leyte, 17 Oct 1944