World War II Weapons
Despite WW2 saw the rise of technology unimaginable in previous conflicts, the infantry remain the single most important element of any military force, and this section details the weapons that the infantrymen wielded.
Regardless of weather and terrain, the sound of approaching artillery shells and the blast of flak shrapnel were among the things ground troops and air crews feared most.
Grenades, blades, flame throwers, and other weapons used in WW2
List by Country
Use the dropdown menu above to list weapons by country.
List All Weapons
Use the link above to see a list of all weapons without filtering by category or country.
- » British team to search for buried Spitfires in Myanmar (2013.01.08)
- » Japanese Prime Minister to send envoys to South Korea (2013.01.02)
- » WW2DB's Eighth Anniversary (2012.12.29)
- » See all news
Advertise on ww2db.com
- » 725 biographies
- » 302 events
- » 26812 timeline entries
- » 663 ships
- » 300 aircraft models
- » 163 vehicle models
- » 254 weapon models
- » 64 historical documents
- » 282 book reviews
- » 209 maps
- » 16045 photos, 1464 in color
Chiang Kaishek, 31 Jul 1937