World War II Weapons
Despite WW2 saw the rise of technology unimaginable in previous conflicts, the infantry remain the single most important element of any military force, and this section details the weapons that the infantrymen wielded.
Regardless of weather and terrain, the sound of approaching artillery shells and the blast of flak shrapnel were among the things ground troops and air crews feared most.
Grenades, blades, flame throwers, and other weapons used in WW2
List by Country
Use the dropdown menu above to list weapons by country.
List All Weapons
Use the link above to see a list of all weapons without filtering by category or country.
- » Wreck of I-400 discovered off Hawaii (2013.12.03)
- » 93-year-old former Auschwitz guard charged (2013.09.26)
- » Discovered naval mine detonated off New Jersey (2013.06.28)
- » See all news
- » 757 biographies
- » 307 events
- » 28419 timeline entries
- » 682 ships
- » 306 aircraft models
- » 163 vehicle models
- » 254 weapon models
- » 70 historical documents
- » 309 book reviews
- » 216 maps
- » 17468 photos, 1536 in color
Captain Henry P. Jim Crowe, Guadalcanal, 13 Jan 1943