World War II Weapons
Despite WW2 saw the rise of technology unimaginable in previous conflicts, the infantry remain the single most important element of any military force, and this section details the weapons that the infantrymen wielded.
Regardless of weather and terrain, the sound of approaching artillery shells and the blast of flak shrapnel were among the things ground troops and air crews feared most.
Grenades, blades, flame throwers, and other weapons used in WW2
List by Country
Use the dropdown menu above to list weapons by country.
List All Weapons
Use the link above to see a list of all weapons without filtering by category or country.
- » Communist China to Commemorate Sihang Warehouse Battle (6 May 2015)
- » Lincoln Spire to Honour RAF Bomber Command (20 Apr 2015)
- » Wreck of USS Independence Located (19 Apr 2015)
- » 70th Anniversary of WW2 Victory Calendar (21 Mar 2015)
- » See all news
- » 867 biographies
- » 315 events
- » 32,133 timeline entries
- » 706 ships
- » 311 aircraft models
- » 177 vehicle models
- » 303 weapon models
- » 87 historical documents
- » 104 facilities
- » 381 book reviews
- » 21,722 photos
- » 259 maps
Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, at Guadalcanal