World War II Weapons
Despite WW2 saw the rise of technology unimaginable in previous conflicts, the infantry remain the single most important element of any military force, and this section details the weapons that the infantrymen wielded.
Regardless of weather and terrain, the sound of approaching artillery shells and the blast of flak shrapnel were among the things ground troops and air crews feared most.
Grenades, blades, flame throwers, and other weapons used in WW2
List by Country
Use the dropdown menu above to list weapons by country.
List All Weapons
Use the link above to see a list of all weapons without filtering by category or country.
- » Kaname Harada's Passing (5 May 2016)
- » Mein Kampf to be Commercially Available in Germany for the First Time Since WW2 (4 Jan 2016)
- » WW2DB's 11th Anniversary (29 Dec 2015)
- » See all news
- » 926 biographies
- » 319 events
- » 32,940 timeline entries
- » 711 ships
- » 314 aircraft models
- » 178 vehicle models
- » 316 weapon models
- » 94 historical documents
- » 120 facilities
- » 413 book reviews
- » 23,019 photos
- » 271 maps
James Forrestal, Secretary of the Navy, 23 Feb 1945