World War II Weapons
Despite WW2 saw the rise of technology unimaginable in previous conflicts, the infantry remain the single most important element of any military force, and this section details the weapons that the infantrymen wielded.
Regardless of weather and terrain, the sound of approaching artillery shells and the blast of flak shrapnel were among the things ground troops and air crews feared most.
Grenades, blades, flame throwers, and other weapons used in WW2
List by Country
Use the dropdown menu above to list weapons by country.
List All Weapons
Use the link above to see a list of all weapons without filtering by category or country.
- » Mein Kampf to be Commercially Available in Germany for the First Time Since WW2 (4 Jan 2016)
- » WW2DB's 11th Anniversary (29 Dec 2015)
- » Communist China to Commemorate Sihang Warehouse Battle (6 May 2015)
- » See all news
- » 902 biographies
- » 318 events
- » 32,452 timeline entries
- » 710 ships
- » 311 aircraft models
- » 177 vehicle models
- » 316 weapon models
- » 90 historical documents
- » 115 facilities
- » 403 book reviews
- » 22,698 photos
- » 270 maps
Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, 16 Mar 1945