|Caption||Yorktown dead in the water, about 1300, 4 Jun 1942 ww2dbase|
|Source||ww2dbaseUnited States National Archives|
|Photos on Same Day||4 Jun 1942|
|Added By||C. Peter Chen|
|Added Date||1 Dec 2006|
This photograph has been scaled down; full resolution photograph is available here (740 by 573 pixels).
|Licensing||Public Domain. According to the US National Archives, as of 21 Jul 2010:
|Colorized By WW2DB||
Colorized with Adobe Photoshop
Did you enjoy this photograph or find this photograph helpful? If so, please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Share this photograph with your friends:
Stay updated with WW2DB:
Search WW2DB & Partner Sites
- » Looted Painting "Madonna with Child" Returned to Poland (2 Jun 2023)
- » Wreck of USS Mannert L. Abele Found (29 May 2023)
- » Wreck of Montevideo Maru Found (25 Apr 2023)
- » Detonation of a WW2-Era Naval Mine (21 Mar 2023)
- » Accidental Detonation of a WW2-Era Bomb in Great Yarmouth (10 Feb 2023)
- » See all news
Current Site Statistics
- » 1,132 biographies
- » 336 events
- » 41,809 timeline entries
- » 1,210 ships
- » 347 aircraft models
- » 206 vehicle models
- » 370 weapon models
- » 123 historical documents
- » 249 facilities
- » 469 book reviews
- » 28,995 photos
- » 401 maps
Famous WW2 Quote"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. You win the war by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country!"
George Patton, 31 May 1944
Please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 a month will go a long way. Thank you!
Or, please support us by purchasing some WW2DB merchandise at TeeSpring, Thank you!