|Caption||Typical torpedo tube mounts for Japanese destroyers. Note that the tubes are encased in a turret to offer them some protection from gunfire or bomb fragments. Note also replacement torpedoes ready to be loaded (right). ww2dbase|
|Source||ww2dbaseImperial Japanese Navy|
|Added By||David Stubblebine|
|Licensing||This work originating in Japan is in the public domain. According to Article 23 of the 1899 Copyright Act of Japan and Article 2 of Supplemental Provisions of Copyright Act of 1970, a work is in the public domain if it was created or published before 1 Jan 1957.
Please contact us regarding any inaccuracies with the above information. Thank you.
Did you enjoy this photograph or find this photograph helpful? If so, please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Share this photograph with your friends:
Stay updated with WW2DB:
- » Looted Painting "Madonna with Child" Returned to Poland (2 Jun 2023)
- » Wreck of USS Mannert L. Abele Found (29 May 2023)
- » Wreck of Montevideo Maru Found (25 Apr 2023)
- » Detonation of a WW2-Era Naval Mine (21 Mar 2023)
- » Accidental Detonation of a WW2-Era Bomb in Great Yarmouth (10 Feb 2023)
- » See all news
- » 1,136 biographies
- » 336 events
- » 43,246 timeline entries
- » 1,230 ships
- » 349 aircraft models
- » 207 vehicle models
- » 371 weapon models
- » 123 historical documents
- » 258 facilities
- » 469 book reviews
- » 28,352 photos
- » 430 maps
Thomas Dodd, late 1945
Please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 a month will go a long way. Thank you!
Or, please support us by purchasing some WW2DB merchandise at TeeSpring, Thank you!