|Caption||A pall of smoke hanging over the harbor in Souda Bay, Crete, Greece where two ships, hit by German bombs, were burning, 25 Jun 1941, photo 1 of 2 ww2dbase|
|Source||ww2dbaseImperial War Museum|
|Identification Code||4700-33 E 3138E|
|Photos on Same Day||25 Jun 1941|
|Photos at Same Place||Souda Bay, Crete, Greece|
|Added By||C. Peter Chen|
|Added Date||12 Mar 2008|
This photograph has been scaled down; full resolution photograph is available here (700 by 458 pixels).
|Licensing||Crown Copyright / Public Domain. According to the Crown Copyright laws of the United Kingdom, copyright protection has expired for photographs created prior to 1 Jun 1957.|
Did you enjoy this photograph or find this photograph helpful? If so, please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Share this photograph with your friends:
Stay updated with WW2DB:
- » Joseph Eskenazi honored at US National World War II Museum (16 Jan 2023)
- » Beethoven Original Manuscript to be Returned to Heirs of its Pre-WW2 Owner (13 Jan 2023)
- » WW2DB's 18th Anniversary (29 Dec 2022)
- » Two WW2-era Aircraft Crashed During Dallas Air Show (14 Nov 2022)
- » Wreck of Samuel B. Roberts Found (27 Jun 2022)
- » See all news
- » 1,124 biographies
- » 334 events
- » 40,949 timeline entries
- » 1,201 ships
- » 346 aircraft models
- » 205 vehicle models
- » 368 weapon models
- » 123 historical documents
- » 248 facilities
- » 468 book reviews
- » 28,779 photos
- » 399 maps
General Douglas MacArthur at Leyte, 17 Oct 1944
Please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 a month will go a long way. Thank you!
Or, please support us by purchasing some WW2DB merchandise at TeeSpring, Thank you!