|Caption||A Japanese ship sinking, seen from USS Seawolf's periscope, as the result of torpedo attack, fall 1942; ship was possibly Gifu Maru, sunk in Davao Gulf, Philippine Islands, 2 Nov 1942, photo 1 of 2 ww2dbase|
|Source||ww2dbaseUnited States National Archives|
|Photos in Series||See all photos in this series|
|Photos on Same Day||2 Nov 1942|
|Added By||C. Peter Chen|
This photograph has been scaled down; full resolution photograph is available here (740 by 583 pixels).
|Licensing||Public Domain. According to the US National Archives, as of 21 Jul 2010:
Please contact us regarding any inaccuracies with the above information. Thank you.
|Colorized By WW2DB||
Colorized with Adobe Photoshop
Did you enjoy this photograph or find this photograph helpful? If so, please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Share this photograph with your friends:
Stay updated with WW2DB:
- » Looted Painting "Madonna with Child" Returned to Poland (2 Jun 2023)
- » Wreck of USS Mannert L. Abele Found (29 May 2023)
- » Wreck of Montevideo Maru Found (25 Apr 2023)
- » Detonation of a WW2-Era Naval Mine (21 Mar 2023)
- » Accidental Detonation of a WW2-Era Bomb in Great Yarmouth (10 Feb 2023)
- » See all news
- » 1,136 biographies
- » 336 events
- » 43,038 timeline entries
- » 1,223 ships
- » 349 aircraft models
- » 207 vehicle models
- » 370 weapon models
- » 123 historical documents
- » 251 facilities
- » 469 book reviews
- » 28,345 photos
- » 421 maps
George Patton, 31 May 1944
Please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 a month will go a long way. Thank you!
Or, please support us by purchasing some WW2DB merchandise at TeeSpring, Thank you!