WW2DB's Eighth Anniversary
At the risk of sounding cliché, I must say that time passes by quickly, and that it is really hard to believe it has been eight years since WW2DB opened its doors to the public. As usual, I can proudly report to you that both the content and the audience of WW2DB has grown since this time last year, with much thanks to your continued support and the messages of encouragement. I must express special thanks to the WW2DB contributor team as well.
The current snapshot of WW2DB site statistics is as follows; the numbers in parenthesis show the growth since one year ago on 29 Dec 2010.
- 701 biographies (+57)
- 287 events (+17)
- 25,612 timeline entries (+7,410)
- 646 ships (+52)
- 299 aircraft models (+45)
- 152 vehicle models (+12)
- 253 weapon models (+10)
- 63 historical documents (+10)
- 265 books reviewed (+38)
- 194 maps (+13)
- 14,848 photos (+2,492), 1,393 in color (+156)
- 10,098 visitor comments (+1,822)
In the coming year, in addition to new content, the site will see a series of improvements using interactive maps. You may already noticed that photographs such as the Iwo Jima flag raising recently had a map added next to it, plotting the general location of this depicted event. This is only the tip of the iceberg; many more map-related features will be revealed in time!
As I close this message, I want to say thank you once again for all your support. Hope everyone will have a prosperous new year, and hope you will continue to enjoy the ever-growing World War II Database!
C. Peter Chen
Founder and Managing Editor
World War II Database
Back to Main | Back to 2012 News Index
Did you enjoy this article? Please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Share this article with your friends:
Stay updated with WW2DB:
Visitor Submitted Comments
All visitor submitted comments are opinions of those making the submissions and do not reflect views of WW2DB.
- » WW2-era bomb defused in Frankfurt (9 Jul 2019)
- » Birthday Celebration for WAAF Teleprinter Operator (7 Jul 2019)
- » Passing of Richard Cole, Doolittle Raider (10 Apr 2019)
- » Wreck of Wasp Found (13 Mar 2019)
- » Wreck of Hornet Found (12 Feb 2019)
- » Wreck of Hiei Found (11 Feb 2019)
- » See all news
- » 1,058 biographies
- » 331 events
- » 36,532 timeline entries
- » 1,031 ships
- » 332 aircraft models
- » 184 vehicle models
- » 343 weapon models
- » 104 historical documents
- » 188 facilities
- » 460 book reviews
- » 25,625 photos
- » 290 maps
George Patton, 31 May 1944