WW2DB's 18th Anniversary
Today is WW2DB's 18th anniversary. Here's a quick snapshot of the site's content as of this date:
- 1,124 biographies (+11)
- 334 events (+0)
- 40,918 timeline entries (+1,152)
- 1,196 ships (+30)
- 344 aircraft models (+5)
- 203 vehicle models (+11)
- 368 weapon models (+5)
- 123 historical documents (+2)
- 248 facilities (+19)
- 468 books reviewed (+4)
- 28,686 photos (+626)
- 395 maps (+30)
- 24,334 visitor comments (+677)
On the social media front:
- 147,224 Facebook likes (-2,823)
- 33,588 Twitter followers (+2,833)
- 552 Reddit subscribers (+95)
- 17 Patreon supporters (-3)
As WW2DB matures, we find that there are less "exciting new features this year" type of content in these anniversary messages, but rest assured that our passion in the project has not waned, and we continue to add more content to the site on a frequent basis. One statistic from above that reflects this is the timeline entries - I dare say that by surpassing 40,000+ records in this particular database in 2022, WW2DB may be among the largest of the "on this date in history" type of websites.
The WW2DB team wishes you a happy, productive, and a healthy new year! Thank you for all your support, whether it is simply visiting WW2DB regularly or supporting us financially on Patreon, and thank you for sharing our passion in history.
Back to Main | Back to 2022 News Index
Did you enjoy this article or find this article helpful? If so, please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Share this article with your friends:
Stay updated with WW2DB:
Visitor Submitted Comments
4 Jan 2023 10:49:52 AM
Alan - The correction has been made, thanks!
All visitor submitted comments are opinions of those making the submissions and do not reflect views of WW2DB.
- » Detonation of a WW2-Era Naval Mine (21 Mar 2023)
- » Wreck of USS Albacore Found (23 Feb 2023)
- » Accidental Detonation of a WW2-Era Bomb in Great Yarmouth (10 Feb 2023)
- » Joseph Eskenazi honored at US National World War II Museum (16 Jan 2023)
- » Beethoven Original Manuscript to be Returned to Heirs of its Pre-WW2 Owner (13 Jan 2023)
- » See all news
- » 1,128 biographies
- » 336 events
- » 41,285 timeline entries
- » 1,206 ships
- » 346 aircraft models
- » 206 vehicle models
- » 370 weapon models
- » 123 historical documents
- » 248 facilities
- » 468 book reviews
- » 28,881 photos
- » 402 maps
Captain Henry P. Jim Crowe, Guadalcanal, 13 Jan 1943
Please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 a month will go a long way. Thank you!
Or, please support us by purchasing some WW2DB merchandise at TeeSpring, Thank you!
29 Dec 2022 12:45:05 AM
I believe that there were five new aircraft reports in 2022 (not +3 as stated). Two from Japan and one each from Germany, USA and United Kingdom.