Detonation of a WW2-Era Naval Mine
In Jun 2022, a 1,500-pound WW2-era naval mine was discovered in the sea bed near the port of Rijeka, Croatia. It was destroyed in a controlled detonation on 19 Mar 2023. The Croatian ministry of internal affairs shared the video of the detonation below.
Pogledajte kraj akcije uniĆĄtenja bombe iz Drugog svjetskog rata... Mina je uspjeĆĄno neutralizirana te je zvukom sirene u 13:45 sati ozna?en prestanak zabrane boravka u "crvenoj zoni".— MUP-RH (@mup_rh) March 19, 2023
Zahvaljujemo gra?anima Rijeke na razumijevanju i suradnji... https://t.co/QD3Y77UPBm pic.twitter.com/4LTdXEMf6L
Back to Main | Back to 2023 News Index
Did you enjoy this article or find this article helpful? If so, please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Share this article with your friends:
Stay updated with WW2DB:
- » Looted Painting "Madonna with Child" Returned to Poland (2 Jun 2023)
- » Wreck of USS Mannert L. Abele Found (29 May 2023)
- » Wreck of Montevideo Maru Found (25 Apr 2023)
- » Detonation of a WW2-Era Naval Mine (21 Mar 2023)
- » Accidental Detonation of a WW2-Era Bomb in Great Yarmouth (10 Feb 2023)
- » See all news
- » 1,132 biographies
- » 336 events
- » 41,830 timeline entries
- » 1,210 ships
- » 347 aircraft models
- » 207 vehicle models
- » 370 weapon models
- » 123 historical documents
- » 249 facilities
- » 469 book reviews
- » 29,000 photos
- » 401 maps
Winston Churchill, on the RAF
Please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 a month will go a long way. Thank you!
Or, please support us by purchasing some WW2DB merchandise at TeeSpring, Thank you!