Contributor: C. Peter Chen
ww2dbaseFriedel Kuehn was the wife of amateur German spy Bernard Kuehn, who was sent by German Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels to US Territory of Hawaii to assist the Japanese in gathering intelligence in Honolulu. She took on the responsibility of organizing and reporting the various pieces of intelligence her husband, daughter, and son gathered, which would be communicated to the Japanese by her husband via flashed signals. She also operated a beauty parlor catering to military wives, where she and her daughter kept their ears open for careless chatter that revealed military secrets. She was arrested by American authorities in Feb 1942, and remained imprisoned until the end of the war. She was deported back to Germany in 1948.
Last Major Revision: Jun 2015
Friedel Kuehn Timeline
|21 Feb 1942||Friedel Kuehn was arrested in Honolulu, US Territory of Hawaii.|
Did you enjoy this article or find this article helpful? If so, please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Share this article with your friends:
Stay updated with WW2DB:
- » Detonation of a WW2-Era Naval Mine (21 Mar 2023)
- » Wreck of USS Albacore Found (23 Feb 2023)
- » Accidental Detonation of a WW2-Era Bomb in Great Yarmouth (10 Feb 2023)
- » Joseph Eskenazi honored at US National World War II Museum (16 Jan 2023)
- » Beethoven Original Manuscript to be Returned to Heirs of its Pre-WW2 Owner (13 Jan 2023)
- » See all news
- » 1,128 biographies
- » 336 events
- » 41,329 timeline entries
- » 1,207 ships
- » 346 aircraft models
- » 206 vehicle models
- » 370 weapon models
- » 123 historical documents
- » 248 facilities
- » 468 book reviews
- » 28,893 photos
- » 401 maps
Winston Churchill, 1935
Please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 a month will go a long way. Thank you!
Or, please support us by purchasing some WW2DB merchandise at TeeSpring, Thank you!