Summary of Most Recent Revision
Date of last revision: 25 Apr 2019
2. You understand and agree that everything provided by WW2DB is done so without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied; all information on WW2DB is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Please use anything provided by WW2DB with discretion and care, as by visiting this site you agree that you shall be solely responsible for damage of any kind as a direct or indirect result of viewing WW2DB. You agree that all entities directly or indirectly associated and affiliated with WW2DB shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including but not limited to damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, or other tangible and intangible losses, and you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless of all entities directly or indirectly associated and affiliated with WW2DB from all claims, demands, damages, costs, and liabilities including attorney(s) fees. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so some of the above limitation may not apply to you. You also agree that you shall not use WW2DB or any information provided by WW2DB for any unlawful purpose.
3. WW2DB has not been reviewed by any subject matter expert and should not be used for academic research. We do not guarantee the accuracy of any information provided by WW2DB.
4. We shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or censor all visitor generated content.
5. WW2DB accepts monetary, product, and other types of compensation for advertising, sponsorship, and product reviews. Compensations received by WW2DB do not influence the opinions expressed in product reviews as the compensations are not tied to any conditions, favorable to the product or otherwise.
7. Most photographs seen on WW2DB are in the public domain and those may be used by anyone without restriction. Whenever possible, each photo page lists the name of the source of the photograph beneath the caption of each photo along with the copyright status. If a photograph's copyright status is not listed, please contact us and/or consult an intellectual property attorney.
8. WW2DB and the original contributors reserve all rights to the text published on the website. All website texts are protected by United States and international copyright laws. No text of this website, including photo captions, may be reproduced, published, distributed, displayed, copied, or stored for public or private use without explicit written permission.
- » WW2DB's 15th Anniversary (29 Dec 2019)
- » Japan and Russia to continue negotiations on the Kuriles territorial dispute (22 Nov 2019)
- » Wreck of Akagi Found (21 Oct 2019)
- » Wreck of Kaga Found (18 Oct 2019)
- » USMC corrected Iwo Jima flag raiser identification (18 Oct 2019)
- » See all news
- » 1,083 biographies
- » 331 events
- » 37,471 timeline entries
- » 1,075 ships
- » 336 aircraft models
- » 189 vehicle models
- » 352 weapon models
- » 107 historical documents
- » 217 facilities
- » 463 book reviews
- » 26,640 photos
- » 318 maps
Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, at Guadalcanal