Aircraft were still something new at the start of WW2, but it took little time for commanders to realize these machines were a requirement of modern warfare.
From the Atlantic to the Pacific, these floating cities performed duties ranging from, but not limited to, shore bombardment, aircraft launching, and transportation of men and supplies.
Twenty years after WW1 ended, the ground war was completely transformed from static trenches to highly mobile battlefields; these vehicles were the driving forces behind that change.
Weapons and Miscellaneous Equipment
Small arms, artillery, grenades, blades, helmets, uniforms, and other pieces of weapons and miscellaneous equipment used in WW2.
- » Hidekazu Tamura shared his feelings toward his war time internment (2 Sep 2020)
- » WW2DB's 15th Anniversary (29 Dec 2019)
- » Japan and Russia to continue negotiations on the Kuriles territorial dispute (22 Nov 2019)
- » Wreck of Akagi Found (21 Oct 2019)
- » Wreck of Kaga Found (18 Oct 2019)
- » See all news
- » 1,093 biographies
- » 332 events
- » 38,032 timeline entries
- » 1,114 ships
- » 337 aircraft models
- » 190 vehicle models
- » 352 weapon models
- » 116 historical documents
- » 225 facilities
- » 464 book reviews
- » 27,055 photos
- » 340 maps
Winston Churchill, 1935