World War II Aircraft
Small, fast, and agile, fighters struggled for air superiority in all theaters of the war.
Bombers and Attack Aircraft
Regardless of being ground attack aircraft, dive bombers, torpedo bombers, or heavy bombers, these aircraft dropped terror from the sky against ground targets and ships alike.
Aircraft of other classifications, whether transports, spotters, or flying boats, contributed to the war as much as their higher-profile combat-capable siblings.
List by Country
Use the dropdown menu above to list aircraft by country.
List by Manufacturer
Use the dropdown menu above to list aircraft by manufacturer.
List All Aircraft
Use the link above to see a list of all aircraft without filtering.
- » WW2DB's 16th Anniversary (29 Dec 2020)
- » Hidekazu Tamura shared his feelings toward his war time internment (2 Sep 2020)
- » WW2DB's 15th Anniversary (29 Dec 2019)
- » Japan and Russia to continue negotiations on the Kuriles territorial dispute (22 Nov 2019)
- » Wreck of Akagi Found (21 Oct 2019)
- » Wreck of Kaga Found (18 Oct 2019)
- » See all news
- » 1,094 biographies
- » 332 events
- » 38,121 timeline entries
- » 1,125 ships
- » 337 aircraft models
- » 190 vehicle models
- » 352 weapon models
- » 117 historical documents
- » 225 facilities
- » 464 book reviews
- » 27,145 photos
- » 351 maps
James Forrestal, Secretary of the Navy, 23 Feb 1945