World War II Aircraft
Small, fast, and agile, fighters struggled for air superiority in all theaters of the war.
Bombers and Attack Aircraft
Regardless of being ground attack aircraft, dive bombers, torpedo bombers, or heavy bombers, these aircraft dropped terror from the sky against ground targets and ships alike.
Aircraft of other classifications, whether transports, spotters, or flying boats, contributed to the war as much as their higher-profile combat-capable siblings.
List by Country
Use the dropdown menu above to list aircraft by country.
List by Manufacturer
Use the dropdown menu above to list aircraft by manufacturer.
List All Aircraft
Use the link above to see a list of all aircraft without filtering.
- » Finland to probe role of Waffen-SS volunteers (31 May 2018)
- » Your patronage is needed for WW2DB (17 May 2018)
- » Your help is needed to transcribe WW2 documents (17 May 2018)
- » Japanese National Archives released names of Unit 731 members (17 Apr 2018)
- » Wreck of USS Helena found (12 Apr 2018)
- » See all news
- » 1,031 biographies
- » 326 events
- » 34,866 timeline entries
- » 722 ships
- » 328 aircraft models
- » 184 vehicle models
- » 337 weapon models
- » 102 historical documents
- » 168 facilities
- » 452 book reviews
- » 24,716 photos
- » 287 maps
James Forrestal, Secretary of the Navy, 23 Feb 1945