World War II Weapons
Despite WW2 saw the rise of technology unimaginable in previous conflicts, the infantry remain the single most important element of any military force, and this section details the weapons that the infantrymen wielded.
Regardless of weather and terrain, the sound of approaching artillery shells and the blast of flak shrapnel were among the things ground troops and air crews feared most.
Grenades, blades, flame throwers, and other weapons used in WW2
Helmets, uniforms, and other miscellaneous equipment used in WW2.
List by Country
Use the dropdown menu above to list weapons by country.
List All Weapons and Miscellaneous Equipment
Use the link above to see a list of all items without filtering by category or country.
- » Hidekazu Tamura shared his feelings toward his war time internment (2 Sep 2020)
- » WW2DB's 15th Anniversary (29 Dec 2019)
- » Japan and Russia to continue negotiations on the Kuriles territorial dispute (22 Nov 2019)
- » Wreck of Akagi Found (21 Oct 2019)
- » Wreck of Kaga Found (18 Oct 2019)
- » See all news
- » 1,090 biographies
- » 332 events
- » 37,959 timeline entries
- » 1,110 ships
- » 337 aircraft models
- » 189 vehicle models
- » 352 weapon models
- » 113 historical documents
- » 224 facilities
- » 464 book reviews
- » 26,976 photos
- » 335 maps
Chiang Kaishek, 31 Jul 1937