US Navy Report of Japanese Raid on Pearl Harbor, Enclosure E, USS Minneapolis
December 13, 1941
|To:||Commander-in-Chief, U.S. Pacific Fleet.|
|Subject:||Offensive Measures on Seven December.|
|Reference:||(a) Cincpac Confidential despatch 102102 of December 1941.|
(b) Cincpac Confidential despatch 072230 of December 1941.
- This vessel was in operating area during action of seven December.
- No contacts were made with the enemy.
- Upon the first intimation of the attack this vessel went to General Quarters and immediately raised steam on all boilers and cut in same on main line. The antiaircraft battery was kept fully manned and the ship in condition Yoke.
- An air search was conducted covering sector 150Â° to 180Â° to 150 miles from Pearl Harbor in accordance with reference (b).
- This vessel investigated enemy contacts reported to southward of Oahu as directed by Commander Task Force EIGHT and reported negative results to him.
- This vessel joined Task Force ONE upon completion of its sortie from Pearl Harbor.
United States National Archives, Modern Military Branch
C. Peter Chen
Did you enjoy this article? Please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Share this article with your friends:
Stay updated with WW2DB:
- » 1,089 biographies
- » 332 events
- » 37,959 timeline entries
- » 1,110 ships
- » 337 aircraft models
- » 189 vehicle models
- » 352 weapon models
- » 112 historical documents
- » 224 facilities
- » 464 book reviews
- » 26,967 photos
- » 333 maps