STENLI, ChERNIJ, and KAPRANOV
|USSR||Ref. No.: 3/PPDT/T114|
Copy No.: 11
2. ChERNIJ AND KAPRANOV
3rd August 1940
1. STENLI [i] has arrived at [C% his place] [1 group unidentified] but cannot [8 groups unrecovered] has received nothing.
[51 groups unrecoverable]
the luggage of ChERNIJ [ii] and KAPRANOV [iii] [C% is being sent] to MURMANSK. [8 groups unrecovered]
Note: This message was previously issued as 3/NBF/T1794 on 7.7.1966.
[ii] ChERNIJ: Probably Ivan Iosifovich ChERNIJ, in LONDON from 8th December 1936 to 1940 as Soviet Air Attaché and subsequently also Assistance Military and Naval Attaché; believed to have left the U.K. between April and August 1940.
[iii] KAPRANOV: Probably Aleksej Aleksandrovich KAPRANOV, an engineer attached to the Soviet Trade Delegation in LONDON from 9th June 1938. Granted an exit permit on 11th July 1940; exact date of departure not known.
[iv] BARCh: Simon Davidovich KREMER.
Source: United States National Security Agency
Added By: C. Peter Chen
Did you enjoy this article? Please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Share this article with your friends:
Stay updated with WW2DB:
- » WW2DB's 15th Anniversary (29 Dec 2019)
- » Japan and Russia to continue negotiations on the Kuriles territorial dispute (22 Nov 2019)
- » Wreck of Akagi Found (21 Oct 2019)
- » Wreck of Kaga Found (18 Oct 2019)
- » USMC corrected Iwo Jima flag raiser identification (18 Oct 2019)
- » See all news
- » 1,076 biographies
- » 331 events
- » 37,320 timeline entries
- » 1,061 ships
- » 334 aircraft models
- » 187 vehicle models
- » 349 weapon models
- » 105 historical documents
- » 213 facilities
- » 463 book reviews
- » 26,399 photos
- » 314 maps
Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, at Guadalcanal