Franco-Japanese Military Cooperation Agreement
ww2dbaseTaking into consideration the present international situation, And recognizing as the result, that there exist reasons for Japan to consider that, in case the security of French Indo-China should be threatened, general tranquility in East Asia and her own security would be exposed to danger,
And renewing at this opportunity the promise made by Japan, on the one hand, to respect the rights and interests of France in East Asia, especially the territorial integrity of French Indo-China and the French sovereignty over the whole of the Union of French Indo-China; and the promise made by France, on the other hand, not to conclude with any third Power or Powers any agreement or understanding regarding Indo-China envisaging political, economic or military co-operation which is directly or indirectly aimed against Japan,
Have agreed upon the following provisions:
(1) The two Governments mutually promise military co-operation for joint defense of French Indo-China.
(2) Measures to be taken for such co-operation shall be the object of special arrangements.
(3) The above stipulations shall be valid only so long as the situation which has motivated their adoption exists. ww2dbase
Added By: C. Peter Chen
Did you enjoy this article? Please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Share this article with your friends:
Stay updated with WW2DB:
Visitor Submitted Comments
All visitor submitted comments are opinions of those making the submissions and do not reflect views of WW2DB.
- » Wreck of Akagi Found (21 Oct 2019)
- » Wreck of Kaga Found (18 Oct 2019)
- » USMC corrected Iwo Jima flag raiser identification (18 Oct 2019)
- » WW2-era bomb defused in Frankfurt (9 Jul 2019)
- » Birthday Celebration for WAAF Teleprinter Operator (7 Jul 2019)
- » See all news
- » 1,064 biographies
- » 331 events
- » 37,007 timeline entries
- » 1,052 ships
- » 333 aircraft models
- » 186 vehicle models
- » 345 weapon models
- » 104 historical documents
- » 195 facilities
- » 463 book reviews
- » 25,861 photos
- » 301 maps
Winston Churchill, on the RAF