Franco-Japanese Military Cooperation Agreement
ww2dbaseTaking into consideration the present international situation, And recognizing as the result, that there exist reasons for Japan to consider that, in case the security of French Indo-China should be threatened, general tranquility in East Asia and her own security would be exposed to danger,
And renewing at this opportunity the promise made by Japan, on the one hand, to respect the rights and interests of France in East Asia, especially the territorial integrity of French Indo-China and the French sovereignty over the whole of the Union of French Indo-China; and the promise made by France, on the other hand, not to conclude with any third Power or Powers any agreement or understanding regarding Indo-China envisaging political, economic or military co-operation which is directly or indirectly aimed against Japan,
Have agreed upon the following provisions:
(1) The two Governments mutually promise military co-operation for joint defense of French Indo-China.
(2) Measures to be taken for such co-operation shall be the object of special arrangements.
(3) The above stipulations shall be valid only so long as the situation which has motivated their adoption exists. ww2dbase
Added By: C. Peter Chen
Did you enjoy this article? Please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Visitor Submitted Comments
All visitor submitted comments are opinions of those making the submissions and do not reflect views of WW2DB.
- » Passing of George H. W. Bush (1 Dec 2018)
- » Tuskegee Airman Lawrence Dickson's remains identified (30 Nov 2018)
- » Pearl Harbor sailor Walter Foley's remains identified (29 Nov 2018)
- » Sandy Gunn's wrecked Spitfire recovered in Norway (29 Nov 2018)
- » Dutch rail company NS to pay Holocaust reparations (28 Nov 2018)
- » Finland to probe role of Waffen-SS volunteers (31 May 2018)
- » See all news
- » 1,042 biographies
- » 326 events
- » 35,648 timeline entries
- » 728 ships
- » 329 aircraft models
- » 184 vehicle models
- » 340 weapon models
- » 102 historical documents
- » 176 facilities
- » 458 book reviews
- » 24,990 photos
- » 287 maps
Winston Churchill, on the RAF