|Caption||Abukuma underway, circa 1941; note E7K1 floatplane on catapult ww2dbase|
|Added By||C. Peter Chen|
|Added Date||2 Oct 2006|
Did you enjoy this photograph or find this photograph helpful? If so, please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Share this photograph with your friends:
Stay updated with WW2DB:
Visitor Submitted Comments
All visitor submitted comments are opinions of those making the submissions and do not reflect views of WW2DB.
Search WW2DB & Partner Sites
- » Looted Painting "Madonna with Child" Returned to Poland (2 Jun 2023)
- » Wreck of USS Mannert L. Abele Found (29 May 2023)
- » Wreck of Montevideo Maru Found (25 Apr 2023)
- » Detonation of a WW2-Era Naval Mine (21 Mar 2023)
- » Accidental Detonation of a WW2-Era Bomb in Great Yarmouth (10 Feb 2023)
- » See all news
Current Site Statistics
- » 1,131 biographies
- » 336 events
- » 41,805 timeline entries
- » 1,210 ships
- » 347 aircraft models
- » 206 vehicle models
- » 370 weapon models
- » 123 historical documents
- » 249 facilities
- » 469 book reviews
- » 28,990 photos
- » 401 maps
Famous WW2 Quote"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."
Winston Churchill, on the RAF
Please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 a month will go a long way. Thank you!
Or, please support us by purchasing some WW2DB merchandise at TeeSpring, Thank you!
30 May 2016 11:50:05 AM
INTO THE WIND:
File photo shows the Light Cruiser Abukuma with its single-engine seaplane on catapult, aircraft identified as an E13A1 (Jake) However aircraft is a Kawanishi Type 94, E7K2 (Alf) a biplane.