|Caption||A member of the 131st Field Artillery Battalion loading a 105mm shell packed with D-ration chocolate bars for an infantry battalion cut off in the Belmont Sector, France, 29 Oct 1944 ww2dbase|
|Source||ww2dbaseUnited States Army Signal Corps|
|Photos on Same Day||29 Oct 1944|
|Added By||David Stubblebine|
|Added Date||22 Feb 2014|
This photograph has been scaled down; full resolution photograph is available here (1,944 by 1,484 pixels).
|Licensing||Public Domain. According to the United States copyright law (United States Code, Title 17, Chapter 1, Section 105), in part, "[c]opyright protection under this title is not available for any work of the United States Government".|
Did you enjoy this photograph or find this photograph helpful? If so, please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Share this photograph with your friends:
Stay updated with WW2DB:
Search WW2DB & Partner Sites
- » Detonation of a WW2-Era Naval Mine (21 Mar 2023)
- » Wreck of USS Albacore Found (23 Feb 2023)
- » Accidental Detonation of a WW2-Era Bomb in Great Yarmouth (10 Feb 2023)
- » Joseph Eskenazi honored at US National World War II Museum (16 Jan 2023)
- » Beethoven Original Manuscript to be Returned to Heirs of its Pre-WW2 Owner (13 Jan 2023)
- » See all news
Current Site Statistics
- » 1,128 biographies
- » 336 events
- » 41,285 timeline entries
- » 1,207 ships
- » 346 aircraft models
- » 206 vehicle models
- » 370 weapon models
- » 123 historical documents
- » 248 facilities
- » 468 book reviews
- » 28,890 photos
- » 401 maps
Famous WW2 Quote"The raising of that flag on Suribachi means a Marine Corps for the next 500 years."
James Forrestal, Secretary of the Navy, 23 Feb 1945
Please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 a month will go a long way. Thank you!
Or, please support us by purchasing some WW2DB merchandise at TeeSpring, Thank you!