|Caption||A heavy German coast artillery shell fell between Texas (background) and Arkansas (foreground) off Cherbourg, France, 25 Jun 1944 ww2dbase|
|Source||ww2dbaseUnited States National Archives|
|Photos on Same Day||25 Jun 1944|
|Added By||C. Peter Chen|
|Added Date||22 Dec 2006|
This photograph has been scaled down; full resolution photograph is available here (740 by 590 pixels).
|Licensing||Public Domain. According to the US National Archives, as of 21 Jul 2010:
Did you enjoy this photograph or find this photograph helpful? If so, please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Share this photograph with your friends:
Stay updated with WW2DB:
Search WW2DB & Partner Sites
- » Detonation of a WW2-Era Naval Mine (21 Mar 2023)
- » Wreck of USS Albacore Found (23 Feb 2023)
- » Accidental Detonation of a WW2-Era Bomb in Great Yarmouth (10 Feb 2023)
- » Joseph Eskenazi honored at US National World War II Museum (16 Jan 2023)
- » Beethoven Original Manuscript to be Returned to Heirs of its Pre-WW2 Owner (13 Jan 2023)
- » See all news
Current Site Statistics
- » 1,128 biographies
- » 336 events
- » 41,285 timeline entries
- » 1,207 ships
- » 346 aircraft models
- » 206 vehicle models
- » 370 weapon models
- » 123 historical documents
- » 248 facilities
- » 468 book reviews
- » 28,889 photos
- » 401 maps
Famous WW2 Quote"I have returned. By the grace of Almighty God, our forces stand again on Philippine soil."
General Douglas MacArthur at Leyte, 17 Oct 1944
Please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 a month will go a long way. Thank you!
Or, please support us by purchasing some WW2DB merchandise at TeeSpring, Thank you!