|Caption||Church service on carrier Franklin's ruined hangar deck, in or near New York Harbor, New York, United States, circa 28 Apr 1945 ww2dbase|
|Source||ww2dbaseUnited States National Archives|
|Photos on Same Day||28 Apr 1945|
|Added By||C. Peter Chen|
|Added Date||16 Sep 2007|
This photograph has been scaled down; full resolution photograph is available here (740 by 480 pixels).
|Licensing||Public Domain. According to the US National Archives, as of 21 Jul 2010:
|Colorized By WW2DB||
Colorized with Adobe Photoshop
Did you enjoy this photograph or find this photograph helpful? If so, please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Share this photograph with your friends:
Stay updated with WW2DB:
Search WW2DB & Partner Sites
- » Looted Painting "Madonna with Child" Returned to Poland (2 Jun 2023)
- » Wreck of USS Mannert L. Abele Found (29 May 2023)
- » Wreck of Montevideo Maru Found (25 Apr 2023)
- » Detonation of a WW2-Era Naval Mine (21 Mar 2023)
- » Accidental Detonation of a WW2-Era Bomb in Great Yarmouth (10 Feb 2023)
- » See all news
Current Site Statistics
- » 1,132 biographies
- » 336 events
- » 41,811 timeline entries
- » 1,210 ships
- » 347 aircraft models
- » 207 vehicle models
- » 370 weapon models
- » 123 historical documents
- » 249 facilities
- » 469 book reviews
- » 28,999 photos
- » 401 maps
Famous WW2 Quote"The raising of that flag on Suribachi means a Marine Corps for the next 500 years."
James Forrestal, Secretary of the Navy, 23 Feb 1945
Please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 a month will go a long way. Thank you!
Or, please support us by purchasing some WW2DB merchandise at TeeSpring, Thank you!