|Caption||German heavy cruiser Admiral Hipper or Blücher in the North Sea en route to Oslo, Norway, 8 Apr 1940; photo taken from light cruiser Emden seen in the foreground ww2dbase|
|Source||ww2dbaseGerman Federal Archive|
|Identification Code||Bild 101II-MO-0683-07|
|Photos on Same Day||See all photos dated 8 Apr 1940|
|Added By||C. Peter Chen|
|Added Date||23 Mar 2009|
This photograph has been scaled down; full resolution photograph is available here (800 by 534 pixels).
|Licensing||Creative Commons. According to the German Federal Archive (Bundesarchiv), as of 21 Jul 2010, photographs can be reproduced with if these preconditions are met:
- add the signature of the pictures and
- of name of the originator, i.e. the photographer.
You also can use fotos from the Federal Archives for free on Wikimedia Commons
Did you enjoy this photograph? Please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Visitor Submitted Comments
All visitor submitted comments are opinions of those making the submissions and do not reflect views of WW2DB.
- » Finland to probe role of Waffen-SS volunteers (31 May 2018)
- » Your patronage is needed for WW2DB (17 May 2018)
- » Your help is needed to transcribe WW2 documents (17 May 2018)
- » Japanese National Archives released names of Unit 731 members (17 Apr 2018)
- » Wreck of USS Helena found (12 Apr 2018)
- » See all news
- » 1,041 biographies
- » 326 events
- » 35,578 timeline entries
- » 726 ships
- » 329 aircraft models
- » 184 vehicle models
- » 340 weapon models
- » 102 historical documents
- » 175 facilities
- » 457 book reviews
- » 24,947 photos
- » 287 maps
James Forrestal, Secretary of the Navy, 23 Feb 1945