|Caption||B5N2 torpedo bomber taking off from carrier Zuikaku to attack Pearl Harbor, US Territory of Hawaii, 0720 hours on 7 Dec 1941 ww2dbase|
|Photos on Same Day||7 Dec 1941|
|Photos at Same Place||Pacific Ocean|
|Added By||C. Peter Chen|
|Added Date||7 Nov 2009|
This photograph has been scaled down; full resolution photograph is available here (1,200 by 879 pixels).
Did you enjoy this photograph or find this photograph helpful? If so, please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Share this photograph with your friends:
Stay updated with WW2DB:
Visitor Submitted Comments
All visitor submitted comments are opinions of those making the submissions and do not reflect views of WW2DB.
Search WW2DB & Partner Sites
- » Detonation of a WW2-Era Naval Mine (21 Mar 2023)
- » Wreck of USS Albacore Found (23 Feb 2023)
- » Accidental Detonation of a WW2-Era Bomb in Great Yarmouth (10 Feb 2023)
- » Joseph Eskenazi honored at US National World War II Museum (16 Jan 2023)
- » Beethoven Original Manuscript to be Returned to Heirs of its Pre-WW2 Owner (13 Jan 2023)
- » See all news
Current Site Statistics
- » 1,128 biographies
- » 336 events
- » 41,285 timeline entries
- » 1,207 ships
- » 346 aircraft models
- » 206 vehicle models
- » 370 weapon models
- » 123 historical documents
- » 248 facilities
- » 468 book reviews
- » 28,890 photos
- » 401 maps
Famous WW2 Quote"I have returned. By the grace of Almighty God, our forces stand again on Philippine soil."
General Douglas MacArthur at Leyte, 17 Oct 1944
Please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 a month will go a long way. Thank you!
Or, please support us by purchasing some WW2DB merchandise at TeeSpring, Thank you!
26 Jul 2011 09:35:57 AM
Photo shows Japanese aircraft were not launched by catapult. The carrier turned into the wind, to give aircraft enought lift
looks like the Kate's pilot is fighting a crosswind as well.