Contributor: C. Peter Chen
ww2dbaseTheodore Francis Wessels was born in 1892. Immediately before the war he was an instructor at the United States Army Infantry School. During WW2 he commanded the 8th then the 20th Armor Divisions in the China-Burma-India theater and then in 1944 he became a liaison to Ceylon. Colonel Charles Hunter of the 5307th Composite Unit (Provisional) "Merrill's Marauders" described him as "a rugged, robust, hearty officer of good infantry military background who possessed the rare quality of being able to think along orthodox military lines."
ww2dbaseWessels retired from the Army in 1952. He passed away in 1974.
ww2dbaseSource: Vinegar Joe's War.
Last Major Revision: Nov 2005
Did you enjoy this article? Please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Share this article with your friends:
Stay updated with WW2DB:
- » Japan and Russia to continue negotiations on the Kuriles territorial dispute (22 Nov 2019)
- » Wreck of Akagi Found (21 Oct 2019)
- » Wreck of Kaga Found (18 Oct 2019)
- » USMC corrected Iwo Jima flag raiser identification (18 Oct 2019)
- » See all news
- » 1,067 biographies
- » 331 events
- » 37,111 timeline entries
- » 1,055 ships
- » 333 aircraft models
- » 186 vehicle models
- » 346 weapon models
- » 104 historical documents
- » 202 facilities
- » 463 book reviews
- » 26,097 photos
- » 311 maps
Winston Churchill, 1935