ww2dbaseMy name is Jim Lebel. I am a United States Marine. I served with the 1st Batallion, 11th Marines as a Motor Transport driver attached to an artillery unit statined at 29 Palms, California; I pulled the M777 Howitzer to different places, and then helped out the gun team. I have been out of the Corps now for about 4 years. I am currently a warehouse manager for a global telecommunications provider.
ww2dbaseI have always been somewhat of a self proclaimed history buff. Mostly US history, but really anyhting “old” really gets my intereset. So it was only natural for me to get totally enthrawled into WWII history. Once I had one taste, I just couldn’t get enough. And being a Marine, the Pacific Theater is my poison of choice. I enjoy any kind of content that I can get my hands on. This lead me to the WWII database, and my good friend Pete. I really enjoy the site, and providing content when I get the chance to. I am always learning new things about this massive conflict, and do not plan on stopping anytime soon!
Did you enjoy this article? Please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
- » Passing of George H. W. Bush (1 Dec 2018)
- » Tuskegee Airman Lawrence Dickson's remains identified (30 Nov 2018)
- » Pearl Harbor sailor Walter Foley's remains identified (29 Nov 2018)
- » Sandy Gunn's wrecked Spitfire recovered in Norway (29 Nov 2018)
- » Dutch rail company NS to pay Holocaust reparations (28 Nov 2018)
- » Finland to probe role of Waffen-SS volunteers (31 May 2018)
- » See all news
- » 1,042 biographies
- » 326 events
- » 35,648 timeline entries
- » 728 ships
- » 329 aircraft models
- » 184 vehicle models
- » 340 weapon models
- » 102 historical documents
- » 176 facilities
- » 458 book reviews
- » 24,988 photos
- » 287 maps