Where Did WW2 Take Place?
As the name suggested, events of World War II took place across the globe. Most of the combat action took place in Europe, East Asia, and islands in the Pacific Ocean, but others were seen in places as far away as Madagascar and the Aleutian Islands. Countries such as Poland, China, Russia, and Germany saw their territories directly involved in war and suffered terribly; countries such as the United States and Canada were relatively far from the action, but their citizens still fought a robust home front providing war goods for their men abroad.
WW2DB's list of WW2 events would provide a sense of geographical impact of the war.
Did you enjoy this article? Please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Share this article with your friends:
Stay updated with WW2DB:
Visitor Submitted Comments
All visitor submitted comments are opinions of those making the submissions and do not reflect views of WW2DB.
- » Wreck of Kaga Found (18 Oct 2019)
- » USMC corrected Iwo Jima flag raiser identification (18 Oct 2019)
- » WW2-era bomb defused in Frankfurt (9 Jul 2019)
- » Birthday Celebration for WAAF Teleprinter Operator (7 Jul 2019)
- » Passing of Richard Cole, Doolittle Raider (10 Apr 2019)
- » See all news
- » 1,063 biographies
- » 331 events
- » 37,007 timeline entries
- » 1,052 ships
- » 333 aircraft models
- » 186 vehicle models
- » 345 weapon models
- » 104 historical documents
- » 195 facilities
- » 463 book reviews
- » 25,860 photos
- » 301 maps
Chiang Kaishek, 31 Jul 1937