Where Did WW2 Take Place?
As the name suggested, events of World War II took place across the globe. Most of the combat action took place in Europe, East Asia, and islands in the Pacific Ocean, but others were seen in places as far away as Madagascar and the Aleutian Islands. Countries such as Poland, China, Russia, and Germany saw their territories directly involved in war and suffered terribly; countries such as the United States and Canada were relatively far from the action, but their citizens still fought a robust home front providing war goods for their men abroad.
WW2DB's list of WW2 events would provide a sense of geographical impact of the war.
Did you enjoy this article? Please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Share this article with your friends:
Stay updated with WW2DB:
Visitor Submitted Comments
All visitor submitted comments are opinions of those making the submissions and do not reflect views of WW2DB.
- » WW2DB's 15th Anniversary (29 Dec 2019)
- » Japan and Russia to continue negotiations on the Kuriles territorial dispute (22 Nov 2019)
- » Wreck of Akagi Found (21 Oct 2019)
- » Wreck of Kaga Found (18 Oct 2019)
- » USMC corrected Iwo Jima flag raiser identification (18 Oct 2019)
- » See all news
- » 1,076 biographies
- » 331 events
- » 37,343 timeline entries
- » 1,063 ships
- » 335 aircraft models
- » 187 vehicle models
- » 349 weapon models
- » 105 historical documents
- » 213 facilities
- » 463 book reviews
- » 26,441 photos
- » 314 maps
Chiang Kaishek, 31 Jul 1937