|Ship Class||G-class Destroyer Escort|
|Builder||H. C. StÃ¼lcken Sohn|
|Ordered||11 Nov 1938|
|Laid Down||15 Nov 1942|
Contributor: Al Griffis
ww2dbaseThe German Navy signed a contract with the shipbuilding firm H. C. StÃ¼lcken Sohn to build four fast escort ships in Nov 1938. The keel for G1 was laid down in Nov 1942, but the entire fast escort ship program was canceled in May 1943, thus G1 was never completed.
Last Major Revision: Sep 2019
Did you enjoy this article or find this article helpful? If so, please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Share this article with your friends:
Stay updated with WW2DB:
- » Detonation of a WW2-Era Naval Mine (21 Mar 2023)
- » Wreck of USS Albacore Found (23 Feb 2023)
- » Accidental Detonation of a WW2-Era Bomb in Great Yarmouth (10 Feb 2023)
- » Joseph Eskenazi honored at US National World War II Museum (16 Jan 2023)
- » Beethoven Original Manuscript to be Returned to Heirs of its Pre-WW2 Owner (13 Jan 2023)
- » See all news
- » 1,128 biographies
- » 336 events
- » 41,285 timeline entries
- » 1,207 ships
- » 346 aircraft models
- » 206 vehicle models
- » 370 weapon models
- » 123 historical documents
- » 248 facilities
- » 468 book reviews
- » 28,890 photos
- » 401 maps
James Forrestal, Secretary of the Navy, 23 Feb 1945
Please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 a month will go a long way. Thank you!
Or, please support us by purchasing some WW2DB merchandise at TeeSpring, Thank you!